- Talking Bathroom Scales Item Code: MS27387Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Aidapt talking scale is ideal for none or partially sighted, fitted with a 12? 6 mm tempered safety glass it is also perfect for individuals with reduced mobility who are unable to move to read the weight displayed. Simply stand on the scales and your weight will be spoken loud and clear ? in English. Powered by 4 x AAA, these are equipped with 4 sensors, step power on/auto power-off and can take a max. weight of 180Kgs (Approx.28 Stones) / 400lbs.Product Dimensions: 300 x 300 x 30mmExpress Delivery Available
- WHEELCHAIR WEIGH BEAMS Item Code: MS11274FREE ShippingThese two portable weigh beams have a remote digital readout. Rechargeable operation or mains powered via the charger unit.A tare function is included. Weighs up to 150kg (231/2st) in 100g (1/4lb) increments and between 150 and 300kg (231/2 and 47st) in 200g (1/2lb) increments. Class III approved. Total weight 20kg.£1,135.09 with VAT Relief
- WHEELCHAIR SCALE Item Code: MS11275FREE ShippingThis top of the range unit has all the features needed for weighing the heaviest patients. Powered by the rechargeable ?on-board? battery or mains power. Functions include BMI and digital tare as standard. Capacity is 500kg (781/2st) in 100g (1/4lb) increments. Dimensions 960 x 1630 x 1250mm (38 x 64 x 49"). Class III approved. Weight 48kg.£1,696.29 with VAT Relief
- MARSDEN LARGE PERSONAL WEIGHER Item Code: MS10877FREE ShippingThis high quality scale is designed to weigh obese patients. The large platform has hand rails to provide support for unsteady patients and a unique hinged bench seat for those unable to stand. The scale is easily moved on its two wheels. Capacity is 300kg (47st) in 100g (0.8lb) increments. Platform size is 800 x 800mm (35"). Class III approved.
- WheelChair Scales Item Code: MS29355FREE ShippingSteiss WS300 with Healthweigh™ technology now answers both patients and carers’ needs in terms of a premium Electronic Wheelchair Scale. This Steiss WS300 fully Class lll Approved mains or battery powered scale is very accessible thanks to the exceptionally wide side ramps. Advanced movement compensation technology eliminates involuntary movement made during the weighing process and ensures exact weighing information. Manual/Automatic Tare option enables weight of wheelchair to be removed.Product FeaturesMovement compensation technologyTwo extra-long rampsBMI (body mass index) functionZero, Tare & Reweigh functionsHold of weight display functionHealthweigh Platinum Indicator6-digit 1" LCD displayAuto power offUpdatable firmwareRS-232 portProduct size (including ramps): 1250 x 940 x 1150mm.Capacity: 300Kg
- SECA 675 - PLATFORM SCALE Item Code: MS11277FREE ShippingThis high capacity weighing platform has a handle and castors to facilitate transportation. The low level platform has ramp sides for ease of wheelchair access. The remote display can be hand held or wall mounted. Tare, pre-tare and hold functions are available and measurements can be taken in kgs or lbs. Weigh 23.5kg.
- SECA 645 - SPECIAL PURPOSE SCALES Item Code: MS11276FREE ShippingThe handrail and low platform on these scales allow people with balance problems to weigh themselves safely. Its extra large platform means that a chair can easily be added to allow comfortable seated weighing. The SECA 645 features a Body Mass Index function for interpreting the state of nutrition and also has castors for practical mobility for increased usability.£1,661.99 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section