Front Steer Porter Chair
We are committed to getting you products at the cheapest price.
If you see it cheaper we will do our best to match the price if you contact us on 0800 567 7222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Price Match Promise
Made in the UK, this Front Steer Porter Chair has been developed in conjunction with moving and handling advisors from the NHS to ensure it can withstand the daily demand of the healthcare environment. Porter Chairs are designed to provide a safe and secure way of transferring patients, this Porter Chair also comes equipped with a padded seat and backrest to offer optimum comfort for the patient. The powder-coated steel frame maximises strength and durability to promote longevity. To provide optimum manoeuvrability, this highly unique Porter Chair is fitted with swivelling front castors. The Front Steer Porter Chair features drop-down armrests to allow for easy side transfers and a retractable footrest that both promotes easy access and supports the feet during transit.
Features and Benefits:
- Made in the UK
- Developed in conjunction with NHS experts
- Designed to withstand the demands of all healthcare environments
- Provides safe and secure patient transportation
- Slide down armrests allow for side transfers
- Padded seat and backrest promotes user comfort
- Swivelling front steering castors
- Foot operated braked rear castors
- Retractable footplate
- Notes and documents holder
- Three year frame warranty
- Frame colours available: Light Grey or Dark Grey
- Fabric colours available: Blue, Green, Purple or Red
- Push handle height: 1080mm (44.5")
- Porter chair length: 775mm (30.5")
- Porter chair width: 699mm (27.5")
- Seat height: 520mm (20.5")
- Seat width: 470mm (18.5")
- Seat depth: 445mm (17.5")
- Width between the arms: 572mm (22.5")
- Footplate width: 394mm (15.5")
- Footplate height: 165mm (6.5")
- Footplate depth: 305mm (12")
- Floor to IV Pole height: 1829mm (72")
- Maximum user weight: 190 kgs (30 stone)
FREE Delivery (3-10 Working Days) - Order over £40 ex VAT to qualify
Economy Delivery (3-10 Working Days) is £2.95 on orders under £10 & £3.95 on order between £10.01 & £39.99 ex VAT.
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) is £4.95
Express Delivery (1-2 Working Days) is £8.95
Engineer Delivery Please note when choosing this service you must allow around 7-14 working days for delivery. For more information click here
We endeavour to dispatch all orders received Mon - Fri by 2:30pm the same day.
Note: The charges above cover standard UK addresses, highlands & islands maybe more.
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section