We are committed to getting you products at the cheapest price.
If you see it cheaper we will do our best to match the price if you contact us on 0800 567 7222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Price Match Promise
- Pay in 3 interest-free payments. Learn more
- Klarna available, click here or choose at payment step to find out more.
- Installment payment available, click here or choose at payment step to find out more.
- All major credit and debit cards accepted
Got A Question? Click Here!
This Evacuation Sledge has been specially designed for the safe and secure evacuation of a disabled or injured person downstairs and it can be operated by one person or two. The base layer is incredibly tough and hard-wearing to allow it to absorb minor impacts thus keeping the patient comfortable and safe, and it is covered with a low friction material that will slide over common floor surfaces such as carpet, tiles, concrete and stairs. The top layer is much softer and foam padded to maximise comfort and protection to the patients head and spine. The user is kept safe by means of safety belts and a strong pocket at the foot end, which prevents them from sliding out. The sledge has straps at either end for one or two helpers to use. When not required, the sledge can be kept in its own pouch and hung from a door or wall.
Features and Benefits:
- Designed to evacuate a disabled or injured person downstairs
- Provides the user with ultimate comfort and protection
- Durable base layer
- Will easily slide over common floor surfaces
- Made with dual-density foam
- Soft seat and insert included
- Folds to a compact size when not in use
- One or two people required to use
- Evacuation Sledge length: 1900mm (74.75")
- Evacuation Sledge width: 600mm (23.5")
- Evacuation Sledge depth: 40mm (1.5")
- Folded length: 660mm (26")
- Folded width: 600mm (23.5")
- Folded depth: 150mm (6")
- Evacuation Sledge weight: 5.5 kgs (12 lbs)
- Maximum user weight: 153 kgs (24 stone)
FREE Delivery (3-10 Working Days) - Order over £40 ex VAT to qualify
Economy Delivery (3-10 Working Days) is £2.95 on orders under £10 & £3.95 on order between £10.01 & £39.99 ex VAT.
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) is £4.95
Express Delivery (1-2 Working Days) is £8.95
Engineer Delivery Please note when choosing this service you must allow around 7-14 working days for delivery. For more information click here
We endeavour to dispatch all orders received Mon - Fri by 2:30pm the same day.
Note: The charges above cover standard UK addresses, highlands & islands maybe more.
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section