Products for the Blind
- Orange Foam Stress Ball Item Code: MS29007Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Our Foam Squeeze Ball (Stress Ball) is a dual-use product. It can be used during exercise and rehabilitation protocols as a means of strengthening the grip and restoring hand function. The user simply grips the Foam Squeeze Ball (Stress Ball) in the hand and squeezes and relaxes repeatedly. It can also be useful as a relaxatoin and stress relief aid.
- Talking Button Clock For Low Vision Item Code: MS29578Talking clocks are an essential to people living with blindness or low vision, as well as those experiencing memory loss. This talking button clock has a high quality Loud & clear English male voice which tells the time and date at the press of a button and also has an alarm feature. The compact design sits flat and secure and cannot easily be knocked over. Setting this clock couldn t be easier the loud & clear voice will help talk you through it in conjunction with the large print instructions provided. Announces: Time, Day & Date; Alarm with announced setting. Simple setting; Large 7cm talk button; High contrast black & white colours; Can t be knocked over; Loud, clear, English male voice; Large print instructions; Power: 2 X AAA batteries (not inc.).£15.49 with VAT Relief
- Clear Time Watch - Ladies Leather Strap Item Code: MS25510Clear Time Watch - Ladies Leather StrapBenjamin Franklin said “Lost time is never found again”.Make sure you never lose track of time with our straightforward watch that gives you a clear reading. The analogue face has large black numbers against a pure white background, whilst contrasting hands give a clear and accurate time check. A stylish silver tone metal case and quality black leather strap with buckle ensure a comfortable and secure fit.These elegant quartz watches are available in matching gents and ladies styles.
- High Multiple Lighted Magnifier - 7 X Magnification Item Code: MS16639Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Folding Three Section Aluminium Deaf / Blind Cane Item Code: MS17229Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£13.09 with VAT Relief
- Clear Time Watch - Mens Leather Strap Item Code: MS25511Clear Time Watch - Mens Leather StrapBenjamin Franklin said “Lost time is never found again”.Make sure you never lose track of time with our straightforward watch that gives you a clear reading. The analogue face has large black numbers against a pure white background, whilst contrasting hands give a clear and accurate time check. A stylish silver tone metal case and quality black leather strap with buckle ensure a comfortable and secure fit.These elegant quartz watches are available in matching gents and ladies styles.
- High Multiple Lighted Magnifier - 9 X Magnification Item Code: MS19254Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- High Multiple Lighted Magnifier - 11 X Magnification Item Code: MS19255
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section