Outdoor Grab Rails
- Flip A Grip Item Code: MS28487Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Provides a sturdy handle to assist with steps and transfers in the homeSimple to install and folds easily out of the wayPromotes independenceGlow in the dark, non-slip gripSturdy, durable construction for interior or exterior applicationsUnlike grab bars, allows user to both push down and pullSmall enough to fit in spaces where a large grab bar will not work, like doorwaysMust be mounted to a solid wood studExpress Delivery Available
- Prima Outdoor Grab Rail Item Code: MS17269Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Outdoor Grab Rail is fully weather resistant and non-rusting to ensure it will provide years of excellent service. The subtle colour allows the bar to blend into its surroundings and be more discreet when positioned on brickwork or a darker background.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £7.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £14.95Save: £7.00
- Wood Effect Grab Rail - 610mm Item Code: MS26013Measuring 610mm (24") in length this Wood Effect Grab Rail is the longest in the range of three available sizes. This highly unique Wood Effect Grab Rail represents real value for money and is a stylish, contemporary alternative to traditional plastic grab rails that gives the look and warm feel of timber.Special Price £16.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £23.95Save: £7.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section