Big Button Phones
- Big Button Telephone Item Code: MS33133Ideal for users with limited vision or restricted hearing, this Big Button Telephone is an easy-to-use telephone that can be mounted on a desk or wall.Special Price £15.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £18.24Save: £2.29
- iSee Big Button Telephone Item Code: MS30774Product Description:The easy to use big button telephone is ideal for those with impaired vision or limited dexterity, with easy to read numbers and symbols in large bold text. Featuring an LED flash indicator for incoming calls to aid users with a hearing impairment.The big button telephone is easily installed by simply connecting the telephone wire to your existing wall socket. Product Specification:1.Flash, Redial2.Music on hold3.Handsfree speaker4.LED indication for incoming call5.10 two-touch Speed Dialling Memories6.Speaker volume HI/LO7.Ringer volume HI/LO8.P/T switchable9.Desk and wall mountable
- iSee Big Button Mobile Phone Item Code: MS30773FREE ShippingProduct Description:The Uniwa Big Button Mobile Phone is easy to use with a simple sturdy structure, Dual SIM capability (unlocked), large buttons and an SOS function that allows you to program 5 contact numbers for one touch connection to emergency services and family members. With a talk time of 3-4 hours and a long standby time of 190-200 hours this phone is ideal for use as an emergency contact device. Features:1.7” Large Screen Large Buttons8 Speed Dial Key/Keypad LockEnhanced Volume and numbers in 28 point big fontFM radio/LED FlashlightDual SIM Slot Easy to Navigate MenuCamera Single camera, 0.3MP back cameraAudio formats MP3, Video formats MP4 etc.FM Radio Yes, wireless FM radio, BT Yes, V2.1SOS Function Yes, support, Alarm, calendar, calculator, audio recorder,video recorder, E-book, Email etc.Talking time up to 6 hoursStandby time up to 10 days
- Doro RingPlus Telephone Ring Amplifier & Strobe Item Code: MS17599FREE ShippingRingPlus Ringer amplifierWith RingPlus there is no need to ever miss a call. The unit can be placed in a convenient location within plain sight, or earshot, for the user. The loud ringer, up to 90dB, and the powerful strobe light can be used together or either can be turnedoff. It comes complete with a 5m telephone connection lead and a 1.84m power supply lead and is compatible with most telephones and door entry systems.Dimensions110 x 180 x 40mm (41/3 x 7 x 11/2")
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section