- OXO Good Grips - Locking Tongs With Silicone Head Item Code:PD152-7OXO Good Grips - Locking Tongs With Silicone HeadOverviewTurn, turn, turn. It’s easy work with our classic Tongs, which now offer silicone heads that protect nonstick finishes. The heads are heat resistant to 600 F and work well for scraping pans without scratching.Like all OXO tongs, these lock for convenient storage and have just the right amount of tension for comfort. The Tongs are available in 9” and 12” lengths.Features & BenefitsSturdy, stainless steel Tongs with Silicone HeadsSilicone Heads are heat resistant to 600°F and safe for non-stick cookwareSoft, non-slip handles and comfortable thumb restsTongs lock closed for convenient storageAvailable in 9'' and 12'' lengthsDishwasher safeSpecifications9" Dimensions:11'' x 1'' x 2''Weight: 5 oz.12" Dimensions:14'' x 1'' x 2''Weight: 6 ozAs low as
- OXO Good Grips -12 Locking Tongs Item Code:MS14315Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
The OXO GOOD GRIPS 12” Locking Tongs feature brushed stainless steel with soft, non-slip handles and comfortable thumb rests. Easily lock these Tongs in the closed position for convenient storage. The lock consists of a large pull-tab that doubles as a hole for hanging. Our GOOD GRIPS Locking Tongs are also available in 9-inch and 16-inch sizes.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £11.69Save: £1.75
- OXO Good Grips - 9 Locking Tongs Item Code:MS14314Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
The OXO GOOD GRIPS 9” Locking Tongs feature brushed stainless steel with soft, non-slip handles and comfortable thumb rests. Easily lock these Tongs in the closed position for convenient storage. The lock consists of a large pull-tab that doubles as a hole for hanging. Our GOOD GRIPS Locking Tongs are also available in 12-inch and 16-inch sizes.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £10.69Save: £1.61
- OXO Good Grips 2-in-1 Salad Servers - Green Item Code:MS26694OXO Good Grips 2-in-1 Salad Servers - GreenPerfect for prepping and serving, designed for kitchen-to-table appeal2-in-1 Servers can be used individually for tossing or snapped together as tongs for one-handed servingMaterial is durable and won't stain, even from foods like beets or balsamic vinegarFork and spoon nest together for compact storageSafe for glass, ceramic and stainless steel serving bowlsSpecial PriceWas: £8.39Save: £1.26Sold Out
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section