Food Preparation Boards
- Spreading Board With Spikes Item Code:MS23894Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This durable one-piece moulded board has a raised L-shape in one corner.
This allows bread to be spread using one hand.
It also features a set of six stainless steel spikes that can be inserted into the board.
The spikes are designed to hold produce, such as bread or vegetables, firmly in place whilst they are being sliced or chopped.
Size 181×256mm - (7.1/8 × 10.1/8˝).Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £14.29Save: £2.15
- Food Preperation Board Item Code:MS25892FREE ShippingFood Preperation BoardManufactured from sustainable rubber wood and mounted on non-slip feet, it comes with a lid with four clever spikes on the reverse to keep fruit, vegetables, bread or meat in place whilst peeling, cutting or chopping them.The chopping board has an ingenious cavity in which three additional items are stored: one fine and coarse grater, one slicer/peeler and one collection bowl, all made from high grade stainless steel and all designed to fit indentations in the board in order to allow one-handed use.The dimensions of the chipping board are 44cm x 30cm x 5.5cm (including feet) and it weighs a mere 2.8kgs.Special PriceWas: £99.49Save: £14.93
- Waterproof Cutting Board Item Code:PD125-11FREE ShippingWaterproof Cutting Board Aluminium food spikes hold food for safe cutting.Cut and prepare food on the polyethylene waterproof cutting board. Aluminium food spikes hold food while cutting. Durable board has rounded edges and is easy to clean. Four rubber suction feet anchor the board securely to the surface. Two polyethylene food guards prevent food from sliding off the board. The small board measures 190mm (7½ ") squareThe large board measures 280mm (11") squareWeighs 1¼ lbs. (.57kg)Dishwasher safeAs low as
- Etac® Cutting Board Item Code:MS24472FREE ShippingEnables straight cutting of bread, vegetables or meatSitting firmly on kitchen work surface and securely holding the item to be cut in place, this Etac® cutting board is ideal for those with a tremor or impaired sight, as well as the elderly or disabled. Available with an easily adjustable slicing thickness with a knife fitting easily between the guides ideal for making it easier to cut bread, vegetables and meat straight and safely. Dishwasher safe.Dimensions:Height: 150mm (6"). Length: 350mm (13¾"). Width: 140mm (5½"). Product Weight: 415g (14½oz).Product weight: 415g (14.5oz)Special Price £41.56 with VAT Relief
Was: £48.89Save: £7.33
- Food Workstation Item Code:MS22548FREE ShippingThis is designed to give independence, convenience and assistance with day to day kitchen tasks. It is ideal for those who have difficulty in gripping or have only one hand available. The clamp can grip all sorts of food, bowls, jars or bottles and is easy to operate; the stainless steel spikes hold bread, fruit or vegetables in place for peeling or slicing; the brush allows one handed cleaning of fruit & vegetables; the grater & slicing box can be mounted on the board; high corner guards prevent the bread from moving when being buttered. Four non-slip suction cups prevent the board from moving on wet surfaces.Food WorkstationBoard Size: 500x300x35mmOverall Height: 145mmWeight: 1.7kgSpecial Price £38.16 with VAT Relief
Was: £44.89Save: £6.73
- Sandwich Board - small Item Code:MS23296Special PriceWas: £39.79Save: £5.96
- Swedish Cutting Board Item Code:MS11775FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Swedish Cutting BoardVice holds food for one-handed cutting.This adaptable cutting board can be used to slice and grate food or hold mixing and salad bowls. Designed for one-handed use, with stainless steel food spikes and a vice to hold objects. The vice can be used to hold jars while opening lids. Rubber suction feet secure the board to surfaces.The white plastic board measures 300 x 280mm (12 x 11"). Weighs 3lbs. (1.3kg). Clean dish with soap and water.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £69.35 with VAT Relief
Was: £81.59Save: £12.24
- Swedish Fix It Food Preparation Board Item Code:MS10679FREE ShippingThis durable cutting board is ideal for those who have difficulty in gripping, or only have the use of one hand. The clamp can fix items such as tins or bowls, and the stainless steel spikes keep vegetables still when peeling or cutting. It has four non-slip rubber feet to prevent the board from moving. Suction pads are also provided for use on wet surfaces.Size 315 x 295mm (12.2/5 x 11.3/5")Weight 1.66kg.Special Price £63.15 with VAT Relief
Was: £74.29Save: £11.14
- Kitchen Workstation Item Code:MS10678FREE ShippingKitchen WorkstationThis multi-function food preparation unit is designed to provide assistance with many day-to-day kitchen tasks.Based around a tough, durable chopping board measuring 500 x 300mm (193/4 x 113/4")The workstation also features:A removable grater and slicer (with a protective cover) that collects the food with a minimum of mess and waste.A raised L shaped corner measuring 130 x 95mm (51/4 x 33/4") which can be used to hold bread and toast in place whilst it is being spread.Removable stainless steel spikes that secure bread, fruit or vegetables in place whilst being sliced, chopped or peeled.A removable clamp that can open up to 110mm (41/4") wide and hold any object in place, such as a bowl, a tin, bread, vegetables, etc.The clamp has a reversible edge, allowing it to be either flat or contoured.The workstation has four non-slip suction pads that firmly anchor it in place. Dishwasher safe.Special Price £58.98 with VAT Relief
Was: £69.39Save: £10.41
- COMBINATION CHOPPING BOARD Item Code:MS10681FREE ShippingA white polypropylene chopping board, 400 x 300mm (16 x 12") with a chef's knife attached. The knife has a 185mm (71/4") stainless steel blade and a black plastic handle. It can be removed for cleaning and sharpening. Three stainless steel spikes secure objects for peeling or slicing. 12mm (1/2") high corner guards prevent bread from moving when having butter or margarine spread on it.Special PriceWas: £83.78Save: £12.56
- CHOPPING BOARD Item Code:MS10677FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £67.39Save: £10.10
- BREAD BOARD Item Code:MS10675Special PriceWas: £21.59Save: £3.24
- Bread Spreading Board Item Code:MS12786Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Bread Spreading BoardThis hygenic, white plastic, bread-spreading board holds your bread in place for applying a variety of spreads. It has six non-slip rubber feet on the underside to retain the spreader in place without arking the table or worktop.This cleverly designed spreading board enables you to apply the spread using one hand.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £10.28Save: £1.55
- Good Ideas - Fat Free Browning Plate Item Code:MS25278Good Ideas - Fat Free Browning PlateCook healthy, fat-free meals in your microwaveFat free frying in your microwave cooker! The faster, healthier, tastier way to fry your food without fat!Excellent for cooking a full English breakfast in the microwave. Fries, crisps and browns, bacon, eggs, sausages and mushrooms.Browns and sears meats, grills sandwiches, crisps frozen pizzas and french fries etc.The 11½” Microwave Browning Plate has a revolutionary polymer nonstick coated skillet, an insulated base for table top protection and a domed splatter guard cover.Cooks food to perfection without butter, oil or fat.Frozen food must be defrosted before cooking.Special PriceWas: £14.18Save: £2.12
- Good ideas - Ceramic Knife And Chopping Board Set With Attractive Display Stand Item Code:MS25261Good ideas - Ceramic Knife And Chopping Board Set With Attractive Display Stand5 piece kitchen setExceptionally sharp bladesHigh resistance to wearCeramic blades will not stain or rustLightweight and perfectly balanced knivesThese revolutionary Ceramic Knives have exceptionally sharp blades making cutting extremely quick, clean and accurate. Lighter than a classic knife they are easy to handle and the ergonomic handles provide excellent grip.The blades are made from ceramic, which is well known for its high resistance to wear.Displayed in an attractive standThe set includes:6” Chef Knife,4” Paring Knife,3” Paring Knife,Peeler31.5 x 20cm chopping board.Not suitable for DishwashersSpecial PriceWas: £24.19Save: £3.62
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section