Book Stands & Holders
- Booklift Bookholder Item Code: MS11211Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Booklift Bookholder is an easel-style book holder that has nine different height adjustments available, which allows the user to read from any size book at a very wide range of viewing angles, ensuring user comfort.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £22.90Save: £12.95
- Gimble Book Holder Item Code: MS16932Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Reading Stand Item Code: MS16598Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- FOLDING BOOK AND MAGAZINE STAND Item Code: MS11209
- The Hold It Item Code: MS20041FREE ShippingThe Hold ItFloor standing bookholder, laptop support and writing stand in one.Enjoy either hands-free reading on the sofa or in bed to relieve aching neck, back and hands, or write or use your laptop in an ergonomically approved position sitting down, standing up or lying down.Accommodates almost any size of book, laptop or writing materialCan be angled infinitely so you can read directly above you or sidewaysAccommodates books weighing up to 4kg/ 8 lbsPage holders keep page in placeRead at an angleTurn the page with just one handUse any size of laptop in an appropriate ergonomic positionTray accommodates writing on sheets of A4 paperAdjustable in height up to 140cm / 55”Arm reaches 60cm outwardsEasily portable on it’s sturdy wheeled base.Includes sturdy carry case with handle£358.79 with VAT Relief
- Wooden Reading Rest Item Code: MS16933Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- BOOK HOLDER STAND Item Code: MS11210FREE ShippingThe Book Holder Stand enables individuals with limited upper extremity function to read hands-free and without neck strain while sitting, standing or lying supine. The page holder's spring action and soft rubber ends make turning pages easy, even with one hand. The stand is height adjustable from 790mm (31") to 1300mm (51") and tilts and rotates around the horizontal axis.
- Perfect Position Mini Mount Item Code: MS26362Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mobile devices have become an essential part of everyday life. From making a call, getting directions and surfing the web to helping those with speech difficulties to communicate. Our Perfect Position Mini Mount helps you to get the most our of your device, while ensuring it stays protected.Constructed of robust coated steel, the mount features seven points of articulation, each with adjustable tension. These points allow adjustment of the height, reach and angle to place your device in its optimum position - whether it is for that ideal viewing angle or to give access that would otherwise be impossible.Featuring cushioned areas on the clamp and holder to avoid damage to furniture or device and unique dual-suction base, offering quick and easy adhesion to any flat surface.With the choice fixings, this versatile item allows you to mount your device everywhere from your desk, to the arm of your chair or wheelchair and even in your car! The ideal solution for anyone reliant on their mobile device, especially those with restricted mobility.Versatile mobile device mount, ideal for those with restricted mobilitySeven points of articulation allows you to get exactly the right positionIndependent tension for each articulation pointStrong, coated steel constructionEasily attach to desk, chair, car or wheelchair
- Scarlet Plastic Reading Rest Item Code: MS24054Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- ReadEzy Bookrest Item Code: MS20040Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.ReadEzy BookrestThis clever device makes reading so easy leaving your hands free whilst minimising neck strain.Holds paperback and hardback books, colour magazines, A4 documents and even a Yellow Pages (accommodates books up to 1.25”/30cm thick)Adjustable angle to accommodate your most comfortable viewing positionFoldable for easy transport and storageUse at home - perhaps in the kitchen to rest your cookery bookIn the office - leaving your hands free to typeIdeal for students studying for long periods
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section