- 7.2mm Digit Digital Stopwatch Item Code: MS28373Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £7.90Save: £1.58
- Ezee Mains Plug Pullers Item Code: MS13018Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ezee Mains Plug PullersNever struggle again to remove a plug! These Plug Pullers are designed to assist the elderly, arthritics & those who experience difficulty in gripping. Removing plugs is meade easy as minimal effort is required.They are simple to use & do not require tools or difficult wiring operations to fit.Each pack contains TEN plug pullers marker pen & an assortment of identifying lables.Supplied in packs of 10Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.19 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.49Save: £1.30
- Electronic Ear Cleaner Item Code: MS28716Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.No need for potentially dangerous cotton buds this handy Ear Cleaner effectively cleans out wax in a kinder, safer, more hygienic way! Complete with 3 reusable, washable silicon tips, a filter, a cleaning brush and base for convenient storage and access.Electronic Ear Cleaner FeaturesUses 2 x AA batteries (not included)Complete with 3 reusable, washable silicon tips, a filter, a cleaning brush and base for convenient storage and accessExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £4.49Save: £0.90
- SNAP: Magentic Charging Cable - Micro USB Item Code: MS27887Our simple accessory turns any USB cable into a magnetic charger. Once installed your cable clicks home to charge your device and quickly releases if pulled or tugged – greatly reducing the chances of a damaging your device or cable. The magnetic adapter can be installed in seconds and prevents dust and fluff entering the charging port. Ideal for anyone with limited dexterity, the Magnetic Charging Cable makes charging your phone quick and easy!Simple accessory for your Android product product to turn your charger into a quick and easy magnetic connectionHelps protect your device from damage caused by pulled, stretched or twisted cablesPrevents dust and fluff from entering charging portConverts any existing micro USB and helps to extend cable lifeInstall in seconds and easily reversibleSpecial PriceWas: £15.79Save: £3.16
- SNAP: Magentic Charging Cable - Lightning Item Code: MS27886Our simple accessory turns any Lightning cable into a magnetic charger. Once installed your cable clicks home to charge your device and quickly releases if pulled or tugged – greatly reducing the chances of a damaging your device or cable. The magnetic adapter can be installed in seconds and prevents dust and fluff entering the charging port. Ideal for anyone with limited dexterity, the Magnetic Charging Cable makes charging your phone quick and easy!Simple accessory for your Apple product to turn your charger into a quick and easy magnetic connectionHelps protect your device from damage caused by pulled, stretched or twisted cablesPrevents dust and fluff from entering charging portConverts any existing Lightning cable and helps to extend cable lifeInstall in seconds and easily reversibleSpecial PriceWas: £13.09Save: £2.62
- Plug Pull Item Code: MS10734Special PriceWas: £5.59Save: £1.12
- UK Plug / Socket Safety Covers Item Code: MS18396Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £3.70Save: £0.74
- Culinare One Touch Automatic Can Opener - White Item Code: MS19333Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Automatic Can Opener, is a handy gadget that opens cans effortlessly with just one touch. With a 50% faster opening time, you can focus more on your cooking. The magnet button lifts and releases the lid easily for disposal. Ideal for those with limited hand mobility. 2 x AA batteries required. To clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth and dry off. Opens with one touch of a button 50% faster opening cans Can opener automatically opens cans Integrated magnet lifts the lid off the can safely Battery operated can opener which operates (requires 2x AA)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £23.29Save: £4.66
- Marbo - Super Grip UK Mains Plug Item Code: MS13016A UK manufactured mains plug with integral finger loop in body to ease plug removal. Suitable for use by disabled or elderly people, in industrial / workshop where gloves are or by anyone who has problems gripping standard style plugs.ASTA approved to BS1363/ASupplied with a 13A FuseSold As Single ItemsSpecial PriceWas: £1.30Save: £0.26
- Handi Grip UK Mains Plug (PK2) Item Code: MS13390Handi Grip UK Mains PlugThis consists of a standard three pin plug base with a looped handle to facilitate use for those with poor grip. Four fingers can fit in the handle to give an improved leverage. It is supplied with a 13 amp fuse.Weight - 95g (Each)Supplied as a pairColour - WhiteNote: This is a pack of two!Special PriceWas: £15.98Save: £6.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section