- Wooden Button Hook / Zipper Puller Item Code: MS16566Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £2.23 with VAT Relief
Was: £2.79Save: £0.56
- Zipper Aids (PK3) Item Code: MS16564Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £2.23 with VAT Relief
Was: £2.79Save: £0.56
- Dress Ez Dressing Stick - 24 Inch Item Code: MS11144Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Dress Ez Dressing Stick Combines two functions in one aid ? a dressing stick and a shoehorn. One end has a strong plastic, push-pull S-hook that retrieves clothing or other items. The other end is a long-handled shoehorn. The thick, easy-to-hold shaft has a foam covering to improve grip. 610mm (24") long. Weight 142g.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.35 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.69Save: £1.34
- Leather Tab Zip Pullers (PK5) Item Code: MS12641Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.27 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.59Save: £1.32
- Zip Grip Item Code: MS17741Special PriceWas: £13.58Save: £2.71
- Dressing Stick - Small Item Code: MS17972Dressing StickThe dressing stick is used to help when movement is limited or the use of one arm or hand makes dressing difficult. It helps to pull on clothing such as jackets, shirts, trousers or skirts and is used to pull up zips using the hooked end. This handy little gadget helps improve independence. The ends are finsihed in molded plastic.SmallLength: 460mm (18")Weight: TBASpecial Price £4.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.19Save: £1.24
- Buckingham Bra Buddy Item Code: MS26642Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Buckingham Brabuddy is the latest product in the Buckingham range. It takes the effort out of bra dressing completely because it not only holds one end of the bra in place but it also brings the other end of the bra around the body enabling the user to easily couple up the hooks and eyes. Designing a product that enables ladies to dress independently has been an immense challenge for Occupational Therapist Chris Buckingham. The bra buddy is one of a kind and will make dressing a much simpler task. There is no longer a need to ask for help or buy adaptive bras. It gives ladies the independence that they deserve.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £26.66 with VAT Relief
Was: £33.33Save: £6.67
- Bra Angel Item Code: MS10017Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Designed by an Occupational Therapist, to assist women who find itdifficult to bring both ends of a brassiere together when dressing.Simple to useOne size fits allLight, durable and latex freeCan be used with most brassiere typesTelescopic action adjusts easily for size and shortens it for storage and travelingExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £10.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £13.69Save: £2.74
- Dressing Stick - Large Item Code: MS12089Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Dressing StickThe dressing stick is used to help when movement is limited or the use of one arm or hand makes dressing difficult. It helps to pull on clothing such as jackets, shirts, trousers or skirts and is used to pull up zips using the hooked end. This handy little gadget helps improve independence. The ends are finsihed in molded plastic.LargeLength: 650mm (25 1/2")Weight: 100gExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.91 with VAT Relief
Was: £7.39Save: £1.48
- Button Hook - Built Up Handle Item Code: MS26603Button Hook With Built-Up Handle Ideal for individuals who have difficulty fastening and unfastening buttons due to limited strength in their hands or only having the use of one hand. Loop is pushed through button hole, hooked over button, then both are easily pulled back through button hole to fasten.Special PriceWas: £12.10Save: £2.42
- Shoe Remover Item Code: MS18021Special Price £23.27 with VAT Relief
Was: £29.09Save: £5.82
- Sleeve Aid Item Code: MS22333Sleeve AidThe sleeve aid has been designed to assist in the dressing processIt will help with assisted dressing and a tremendous help with self dressing, increaseing confidance & independanceThis can be used with any type of sleeved clothing from pajamas to cardigans to outdoor clothesInsert the supported arm into the mouth of the sleeve, the conical shape will help its passage through the sleeve.The smooth surface of the sleeve aid will allow the arm to pass easily through the sleeve.It will deliver the hand to the cuff of the article of clothing, with the minimum of pressure.Depending upon the tightness of the cuff, the arm and sleeve aid may be able to pass through the cuff.Otherwise the hand will be delivered to the cuff, where the sleeve may be withdrawn, allowing the hand to be eased the the restrictive cuffSpecial Price £8.71 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.89Save: £2.18
- Dress Ez Dressing Stick - 30 Inch Item Code: MS17964Dress Ez Dressing Stick Combines two functions in one aid ? a dressing stick and a shoehorn. One end has a strong plastic, push-pull S-hook that retrieves clothing or other items. The other end is a long-handled shoehorn. The thick, easy-to-hold shaft has a foam covering to improve grip. 610mm (24") long. Weight 142g.Special Price £19.67 with VAT Relief
Was: £24.59Save: £4.92
- Lightweight Wooden Dressing Stick - Small Item Code: MS16557Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Lightweight Wooden Dressing StickA lightweight device for positioning and locating clothing featuring a small wooden shaft hook with a large plastic coated "C" hook at one end and a specially shaped push/pull hook at the other. Available in two sizes.Sizes:Small: Length: 18" - Weight: 127gLarge: Length: 27" - Weight: 127gExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.11 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.39Save: £1.28
- Kings Button Hook Item Code: MS10639Special PriceWas: £15.98Save: £3.19
- Plastic Button Hook / Zipper Puller Item Code: MS16567Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £4.09Save: £0.82
- Silk Zipper Ties Item Code: PG122-9As low as
- Button Hook With Built-Up Handle Item Code: MS10640Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £12.59Save: £2.52
- Dress Stick & Shoehorn Item Code: MS24919Dress Stick & ShoehornFeaturesCombines two functions in one, a dressing stick and shoehorn.One end has a high-strength plastic push-pull S-hook that retrieves clothing or other items.The other end is a long-handled shoehorn.Thick, easy to hold with a foam grip that covers its entire length, the dressing stick is made of durable plastic with a smooth surface and rounded edges.Specifications:Size:62cmWeight:139gColour:Blue / CreamSpecial PriceWas: £4.69Save: £0.94Sold Out
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section