Car Transfer Aids
- Car Support Handle Item Code: MS31241Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Car Support Handle is an extremely simple yet strong and reliable mobility aid that has been specially designed to aid users when rising from a vehicle.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £19.99Save: £10.04
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery Available£10.99 with VAT Relief
- Set 2 Car Headrest Handle Assist Item Code: MS24921Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Set 2 Car Headrest Handle AssistFeatures Fixes to the front seats headrest post and provides a safe and well placed handle for easier access to back seats.Assists entry and exiting the vehicle by providing a sturdy and comfortable grab point.The ergonomic design and smooth comfortable edges makes it helpful to all age groups.Suitable for vehicles which have headrests with metal poles that are removable.Simple to install - simply remove the headrests,slip the loops on to the headrest rods and replace the headrests.SpecificationsSize: 36cmWeight:28gColour:BlackExpress Delivery Available
- HandyBar Item Code: MS10023This Portable HandyBar is a simple yet strong and reliable mobility aids that is designed to help a user when getting out of a vehicle. To ensure comfort while in use, the HandyBar features a comfortable, soft, slip-resistant handle and is suitable for use with most vehicles.Special Price £24.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £31.69Save: £6.74
- Car Caddie Item Code: MS17642Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Car CaddieProduct Description:Provides assistance when getting into and out of a car! Cushioned grip provides a comfortable gripping surface. Straps around the top of the window frame, secured in place with a buckle. Handle height can be adjusted. Portable - Car Caddie is not permanently secured - it can be carried with you and used when travelling in other vehicles. Made of durable long lasting nylonExpress Delivery Available£24.49 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section