- Bed Blanket Support / Cradle Item Code: MS17226Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Bed Blanket Support / CradleThis Blanket support is designed to create a free space at the end of the bed between the covers and the mattress. This holds the bedclothes away from the body for ventilation and pressure relief. Lightweight white powder coated steel frame.A simple metal frame which will keep blankets off feet & legs. Made of white plastic coated steel.Height: 33cm (13")Width: 56cm (22")Depth: 32.1/2cm (12")Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.99Save: £6.00
- Folding Chrome Bed Cradle Item Code: MS24310Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £17.35 with VAT Relief
Was: £21.69Save: £4.34
- Height Adjustable Bed Cradle Item Code: MS25793Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Height Adjustable Bed Cradle from Aidapt is a metal frame designed to keep bed covers away from the body. Useful for those suffering from ulcers or skin irritation. The base is mounted between the mattress and the bed base and keeps bed clothe away from the feet and legs. Suitable for use at the side or end of the bed.Height adjustable for a comfortable fit to suit each individualCan be fitted to the side or end of the bed as requiredDurable construction and easy-clean finishIdeal for users with skin irrition or painful legs and feetSpecificationsColour: WhiteDepth (mm): 20Height (mm): 355Net weight (kg): 2.540Overall Depth (mm): 360Product Dimensions (mm): 355x690x20Width (mm): 690Width of Base (mm): 565Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £19.67 with VAT Relief
Was: £24.59Save: £4.92
- Blanket Cradle - Folding Item Code: MS15022Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £19.67 with VAT Relief
Was: £24.59Save: £4.92
- Standard Blanket Cradle Item Code: MS19669Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £20.71 with VAT Relief
Was: £25.89Save: £5.18
- Folding Bed Cradle Item Code: MS10583FREE ShippingFolding Bed CradleA simple metal frame, whose base slips between the mattress and the bed base and the top forms a support cradle for the bed clothes to keep them clear from the legs and feet.For use at the side or end of the bed.SpecificationWidth 35.6cm (14")Length Top 56.5cm (22.1/2") Base 71cm (28")Weight 3kgSpecial Price £40.55 with VAT Relief
Was: £50.69Save: £10.14
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section