- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code: MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £21.35 with VAT Relief
Was: £26.69Save: £5.34
- Harley Mattress Tilter Item Code: MS15512FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Harley Mattress TilterFeaturesA really versatile little product.Placed under an existing mattress to give a 5” tilt.Place at the foot of the bed to relieve symptoms of oedema, varicose veins, low back pain and general fatigue.Use at the head of the bed to alleviate hiatus hernia and respiratory difficultiesTilter comes with a fleece coverSpecificationsWashable fleece coverWidth 46cmLength 65cmHeight 13cm >2cmOptionsMattress tilterCoverExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £33.03 with VAT Relief
Was: £41.29Save: £8.26
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £27.43 with VAT Relief
Was: £34.29Save: £6.86
- Leg & Back Pillow Item Code: MS16536Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Rest your legs and feet on the inflatable leg pillow,not only relaxing,but useful for people with a medical condition requiring a raised position of their legs. Usethe side with terry cloth cover to help you keep you warm and comfy throughout the winter. It includes a mimi foot pump to inflate and deflate the pillow.Dimensions:Length: 66cmWidth: 63.5cmHeight: 20cmWeight: 500gExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £15.79Save: £3.16
- The Double Knee Wedge Item Code: MS18503FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Double Knee WedgeThis cushion simulates the action of a knee break on a profiling bed preventing the patient from slipping don the bed at the same time reducing pressure on the heels. Covered in vapour permeable wipe clean material and has a non slip base.SpecificationsLength: 84cm (33")Width: 57cm (22.5")Depth at highest peak: 11cm (4.25")Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £31.27 with VAT Relief
Was: £39.09Save: £7.82
- Deluxe Bed Wedge - Standard Foam Item Code: MS12308FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge can be used in many ways. Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, glaucoma and respiratory problems. Use as a back support in bed. Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.This bed wedge has had over whelming demand from acid reflux (GERD / GORD) Oesophagitis (hiatal hernia) Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, hiatus hernia & heart burn sufferers with many amazon reviews supporting the benefit of this product. This bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.Can be helpful for: Post surgery including ; post hysterectomy, post hip replacement, post spinal surgery, as well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.Includes white zipped removable washable Poly-cotton cover.SpecificationsLength: 76cm (30")Width: 61.5cm (26")Depth: 15cm (6”)Poly-cotton coverBritish MadeExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £48.15 with VAT Relief
Was: £60.19Save: £12.04
- Mattress Tilter Item Code: MS10611FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £65.18Save: £13.03
- Back Rest and Pillow Raiser Item Code: MS18501FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £49.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £62.49Save: £12.50
- Mobility Smart Foam Leg Raiser Item Code: MS22478Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The cotton covered Foam Leg Raiser has been ergonomically-designed to support swollen legs and stimulate circulation; it is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam with a generous 2 cm deep memory foam topper, the Foam Leg Raiser features a removable, washable cover.Ergonomically-designed shapeHigh density foam for support and comfortIdeal for use in bed or flat surfacesSupports swollen legs and can help to improve circulationRemovable cover for washingDimensionsRetail box dimensions (HxWxD mm): 600x400x170Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £28.99Save: £5.80
- Small Bed Wedge Item Code: MS18502Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £18.23 with VAT Relief
Was: £22.79Save: £4.56
- Harley Bed Relaxer - Bed Wedge Item Code: MS15510FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Harley Bed Relaxer - Bed WedgeSupport and comfort whilst sitting or sleeping in bed. Can be used in two ways either upright to allow easy reading For those who find it uncomfortable to sleep lying flat, perhaps due to hiatus hernia or respiratory conditions - just turn it around and place under a normal pillow Washable fleece coverBed Relaxer 45x56x20>1cmExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £60.59Save: £12.12
- Deluxe Folding / Travel Bed Wedge - Standard Foam Item Code: MS27436FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £61.51 with VAT Relief
Was: £76.89Save: £15.38
- Deluxe Chrome Back Rest Item Code: MS24314Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This deluxe back rest is manufactured from chrome plated steel and comes complete with a comfy white vinyl back. Can be adjusted to four positions to suit the needs of the user. Easily folded flat for storage and transporting.Height adjustment 280 to 430mm (11 to 17˝)Overall width 650mm (25.1/2˝)Overall depth 540mm (21.1/4˝)Max User Weight: 125Kgs (19.1/2St)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £24.63 with VAT Relief
Was: £30.79Save: £6.16
- Deluxe Bed Wedge - Memory Foam Item Code: MS23928FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Memory foam Bed Wedge can be used in many ways. Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, glaucoma and respiratory problems. Use as a back support in bed. Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.Can be helpful for: Post surgery including ; post hysterectomy, post hip replacement, post spinal surgery, as well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.The extra 1" of memory foam creates an added layer of soft comfort and support. The memory foam molds to your body's contours, reducing pressure and increasing comfort.Includes white zipped removable washable Poly-cotton cover.SpecificationsLength: 76cm (30")Width: 61.5cm (26")Depth: 15cm (6”)Poly-cotton coverBritish MadeExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £56.15 with VAT Relief
Was: £70.19Save: £14.04
- Bed Foot Stop Item Code: MS14591FREE ShippingBed Foot StopFeaturesThis superb quality bed foot stop can be positioned on the bed to provide either a straight or angled resting surface for the feet enabling the user to gain the most suitable foot position. Two generous adjustable webbed straps with a simple snap-lock fastening provide a quick and easy method of securing the foot support in the most optimum position. The bed foot stop can also be used for shielding the feet from sheets and blankets.The outer vinyl cover is easily wiped clean and can be removed for machine washing if required.SpecificationsSize: 24" wide x 10" deep (at base) x 13" high.***Will fit single an double bed only***Special Price £86.71 with VAT Relief
Was: £108.39Save: £21.68
- Sissel Leg Wedge Item Code: MS21745FREE ShippingSissel Leg WedgeThe best treatment for tired legs.Anatomically shaped to fully support the legs.Full leg length.Used to ease varicose veins, swollen ankles.Height adjustable by removable pad.Complete with washable cover.Zipped for ease of laundering and height adjustment.Additional covers available.Size: 77 cm x 52 cm x 15/19 cm (with pad/without pad).Special PriceWas: £97.90Save: £19.58
- Harley Leg Raiser Item Code: MS15515FREE ShippingHarley Leg RaiserFeaturesMade to an ergonomically beneficial angle. Designed to support the back of the knee and heel whilst allowing the calf to relaxTakes pressure from the lower back and stimulates circulation Back pain is relieved and symptoms of oedema, varicose veins and fatigue are greatly easedWashable fleece coverOptionsLeg Raiser 45x63x18x8x13cmCoverSpecial PriceWas: £73.58Save: £14.71
- Bed Wedge Item Code: MS15778FREE ShippingBed WedgeThis versatile wedge can be used vertically to prop yourself up in bed, ideal whilst reading or watching television, horizontally whilst lying in bed to support your neck and shoulders or to support tired legs and feet DimensionsLength - 57cmHeight - 24cmWidth - 55cmOptionsWedgeSpare Pillowcase - WhiteSpecial PriceWas: £46.49Save: £9.30Sold Out
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section