Aquila bath Lift
Aquila bath Lift
With a backrest that reclines at the touch of a button, the Aquila Bath Lift is a welcomed addition to the Mountway bathing range. It is particularly suited
to users whose specific conditions may benefit from opening the seat-toback angle. Weighing under 10kg, the robust and compact Aquila offers an array of accessories making it flexible for
use by children and in a variety of bath styles.
Supportive backrest with auto controlled recline
Button–controlled angle adjustment
- Increases comfort for users with stiff hips or spinal problems (e.g. scoliosis, kyphosis)
- Improves hygiene access for users with large abdomens or stomas
Streamlined, higher-than-average design
- Increases shoulder, neck and/or head support
- Avoids additional costs of headrests
Compact design optimises legroom
- Good bathing space even when fully reclined
- Generous space for transfers on and off lift
- Low seat height provides good immersion
Adaptable to individual needs
Choice of easy-fit accessories
- Allow use of Aquila in a wide range of baths
- Multi-positional paediatric accessories provide varying postural support for children and smaller users Seat covers offer padding for increased comfort
Easy to move and handle
Lightweight and flat-folding
- Compact design can be carried against body for unobstructed view
- Space-saving storage
Separates into 2 lightweight sections
- No fiddly unreachable locks, backrest simply folds forward to detach
- Heaviest section – one of the lightest among reclining lifts for safer fitting and removal
Robust sucker-release handle and auto-locking seat unit
- No struggling under seat to detach individual suction feet
- No injuries from sudden opening of framework
Hygienic and simple to clean
Unique, open base frame with limited crevices
- Easy access for cleaning bath surfaces
- Dirt and used water are not trapped
- Easy to clean
Silver-based antimicrobial solution
- Protects against harmful bacteria and bathroom mould
Safe and easy to use
4 large, pivoting suction feet
- Stable fit on curved bath surfaces
- Allow positioning far back in bath for increased legroom
Slim-line hand control with large rocker switches
- Can be held in one hand
- Easily operated by users with limited dexterity or visual impairment
Battery level indicator with Stop Descen feature
- Monitors when recharging is required
- Will not lower user without enough battery power to rise
Optional Telecare alarm system
- Help can be summoned in a medical emergency when used with Tunstall lifeline 400, 4000+ and Connect+ units
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section