AlfaBat Standard Battery Tester
Battery capacity range 0.8-100Ah
Battery voltage 6/12 V
Discharge current Max. 10A
Max. Charger current 15A
Size L x W x H (mm) 310 x 75 x 77
Weight (kg) 2.5
Deliver professional service with battery and charger testers
- Our @Bat is the perfect tool for guaranteeing that your products and services will meet your customer's expectations.
- The @Bat is the most accurate capacity tester in its price category. It works by discharging the battery and recording the voltage and current over time.
- While charging, all the important parameters are mentioned and recorded.
- Tests both 6V and 12V batteries.
- High quality, supremely reliable.
- 24V chargers can also be tested.
- Different battery technologies can be tested: traditional lead-acid batteries, AGM, gel, etc.
- Far more accurate than unreliable impedance testers.
- Quality Control
- Goods inwards inspection
- Routine checks
The aBat offers a wide range of possibilities
- Create a profile with your preferred settings and choose one to make a test.
- Four built-in functions: single cycle capacity test, multiple cycle capacity test, charger test, and voltage recorder.
- The LCD shows you why the battery/charger is defective:
- The battery needs charging prior to running the test.
- The capacity of the battery is insufficient.
- The battery has a short circuited cell or another internal failure (manufacturing fault)
- The charger undercharges/overcharges the battery
- The LCD shows the capacity of the battery as a percentage
- The battery capacity can be adjusted between 0.8 and 100 Ah20h (or max 400 Ah20h on the @Bat Pro).
- The @Bat can easily be connected to a computer for analysis of all the data. The software is very user-friendly and will give an accurate assessment of the battery capacity or charger quality. You can print reports to justify battery or charger replacement.
Why is the battery capacity so important?
When a battery doesn't have enough capacity, it is quite possible that it will be unable to withstand a normal day's operation. All batteries have a rated capacity. An acceptable operating range in most applications is 60% of its rated capacity. The capacity will vary depending upon the age and quality of the battery.
Why is the charger quality so important?
The lifetime of a battery will be reduced if it is not recharged properly.
The @Bat detects overcharging (causing the battery to overheat and damage the plates) and undercharging (causing sulphation build-up in the battery).
Why do we need the BAT?
- It confirms the quality of the batteries
- You are selling.
- Improves your customer service and professionalism.
- Eliminates malfunctions due to the battery.
- Repays your investment by distinguishing between an empty battery and a defective battery.
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section